Sunday, April 8, 2018

A Family That Floats Together...



This post is going to be a bit of a cheat, because I'm not going to write anything. Instead, I'm just going to let you listen. I sat down with one of the long-term crew to get a different perspective of life here on the ship, and we recorded our conversation for your listening pleasure.

If you want to read more about the Barki's wild and wonderful life, check out their blog:            barkisonboard.wordpress.com

There were half a dozen kiddos in the vicinity, as Jamie was supervising computer time while we chatted, so I apologize for the background noise - but I think it makes for a more authentic experience. Quiet moments can be rare and hard to come by around here! It starts out rather noisy, but it does get better as it goes on. I promise.

*EDIT* I forgot to ask Jamie her favourite new word that she's learned since being here - I can't say I was surprised that she picked "Azafady." Click here to learn why...

I'm still just figuring things out, so feel free to give me any criticism or suggestions you might have, I'll do my best to improve and build on this early process. I also recognize it was a bit longer than the popular vote suggested on facebook, but I think the conversation warranted a little more time.

I've got an actual blog topic rolling around in my head, so stay tuned for that post sometime soon.

Till then, à la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment